Inventory and Store Operations Manager
At UEC, our team of experts collaborate with a shared objective of developing cutting-edge technologies that fulfill our customers' instrumentation needs. As we embark on this journey to serve an ever-expanding industry, we are actively seeking passionate individuals who are ready to tackle projects that make a real impact. This is a unique opportunity to join an internationally renowned company and apply your skills to solve challenging problems on a daily basis. Join our esteemed team today and be part of an organization dedicated to pushing boundaries and driving innovation.
At UEC, our core business, employees, infrastructure, and machinery are experiencing rapid growth as we strive to advance our production and meet the demands of our customers. To support this expansion, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Inventory and Store Operations Manager who can thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and handle our store inventory efficiently.
- Manage and supervise all elements of store inventory, including inspection, documentation, and procurement of materials.
- Optimize store layout to enhance visibility and accessibility of all items.
- Establish effective communication channels between the production and purchasing teams to jointly assess raw material and current stock supplies, promptly identifying and resolving any shortages or deficiencies.
- Ensure consistent updates and vigilant monitoring of essential Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the ERP system, upholding data security and ensuring system reliability at all times.
- Ensure timely supply of materials to fulfill production requirements in accordance with the established production schedule.
- Compile comprehensive inventory reports encompassing stock levels, adjustments, and forecasts, and present them to the management team.
- Establish and implement policies along with standardized work procedures to facilitate efficient inventory control and ensure timely production.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Purchasing departments to address concerns related to obsolete materials, Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), vendors, and other material-related issues ensuring effective resolution and optimal outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory, work orders, and Bill of Materials (BOM) errors, ensuring their accuracy and resolving any discrepancies.
- Perform thorough quality analysis of machined components, examining and assessing their adherence to specified standards and requirements.
- Implement cost reduction strategies and exploring alternate sourcing methods to enhance productivity, striving to achieve optimal efficiency and maximize cost savings.
- Provide supervision and guidance to junior staff members by effectively planning and assigning daily job responsibilities to ensure smooth workflow and promote their professional development.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Inventory and Cost tracking, Analysis, and Reporting within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Proven track record in managing stock levels, resolving stock discrepancies, preparing forecast reports, and making critical decisions regarding inventory control.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel applications and inventory management software/ERP systems.
- Thorough technical understanding of electro-mechanical components.
- Familiarity with ISO/TAPPI/SCAN Standards is a plus.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to mentor junior staff.
- Willingness to drive change and coach staff on new practices.
- Knowledge of quality control principles and analysis.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and materials.
- Cost reduction strategy implementation experience.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong numerical and mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies
- Stay updated with industry trends in inventory management.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Strong interest and passion for working in the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent management, coordination, and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships and network with internal and external stakeholders.
Join Universal Engineering Corporation (UEC) today and be part of a globally recognized company where you can apply your skills, solve challenging problems, and make a significant impact. Apply now!